Call for nominations (open JANUARY 20, 2018)
We are pleased to announce that the Atheist of the Year Award is already held for the fifth time in Warsaw.
The Contest aims to honor individuals, organizations or institutions for outstanding achievements in the following fields:
- promotion of the atheistic worldview and freedom from religion,
- counteraction against discrimination based on belief,
- integration of Polish and international atheist movements.
The Title is awarded by the Jury from among candidates submitted to the Organizer of the Contest. The Contest is open to any natural or legal person who accepts the Atheist of the Year Title Regulations and is enrolled as a candidate using the attached nomination form sent to:
Award Category: International
Deadline: February 28, 2018
- Sanal Edamaruku, Rationalist International, Atheist of the Year 2014
- Christian Eyschen, Council of the International Association of Free Thought (AILP/IAFT)
- Waleed El-Husseini, Ex-Muslims France, writer
- Maryam Namazie, Ex-Muslims Great Britain, Atheist of the Year 2014 (ex-aequo)
- Michael Nugent, Atheist Ireland, Atehist of the Year 2017
- David Rand, Atheist Freethinkers Canada, speaker of the International Association of Free Thought (AILP/IAFT)
- Nina Sankari, Kazimierz Lyszczynski Foudation, speaker of the International Association of Free Thought (AILP/IAFT)
Award Ceremony: March 24, 2018 at the Atheist Gala Dinner (Atheist Days 2018,Warsaw)
Prizes: Diplomas and Statuettes. The Organizer reserves the right to award special prizes – in kind or cash.
Organizer: Kazimierz Lyszczynski Foundation Board.
For more information please contact email@example.com