NCall for nominations open JANUARY 5, 2019
Kazimierz Lyszczynski Foundation is pleased to announce that the Atheist of the Year Award is already held for the sixth time in Warsaw.
The Contest aims to honor individuals, organizations or institutions for outstanding achievements in the following fields:
- promotion of the atheistic worldview and freedom from religion,
- counteraction against discrimination based on belief,
- integration of Polish and international atheist movements.
The Title is awarded by the Jury from among candidates submitted to the Organizer of the Contest. The Contest is open to any natural or legal person who accepts the Atheist of the Year Title Regulations and is enrolled as a candidate using the attached nomination form sent to:
Award Category: International
Deadline: February 20, 2019
- Sanal Edamaruku, Rationalist International, Atheist of the Year 2014
- Waleed El-Husseini, Ex-Muslims France, writer, Atheist of the Year 2015
- Maryam Namazie, Ex-Muslims Great Britain, Atheist of the Year 2014 (ex-aequo)
- Michael Nugent, Atheist Ireland, Atehist of the Year 2017
- David Rand, Atheist Freethinkers Canada, Atehist of the Year 2018 Special Award
- Nina Sankari, Kazimierz Lyszczynski Foudation, speaker of the International Association of Free Thought (AILP/IAFT)
- Annie Laurie Gaylor – founder and co-president of the Freedom from Religion Foundation (USA)
Award Ceremony: March 30, 2019 at the Atheist Gala Dinner (Atheist Days 2019,Warsaw)
Prizes: Diplomas and Statuettes. The Organizer reserves the right to award special prizes – in kind or cash.
Organizer: Kazimierz Lyszczynski Foundation Board.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org